MEETING ROOM POLICY
(Left photo: meeting room. Right photo: auditorium)
The meeting rooms of the Niagara Falls Public Library are provided free of charge for library and library-sponsored programs, and for nonprofit community sponsored programs which are educational, cultural, or civic in content. Commercial programs, for-profit, and personal social functions are not permitted.
Meeting Room Application Information
Meeting room application forms are available in the circulation department. You may also print out a form by clicking here. Formal application for the use of a meeting room is made with library management. An individual responsible for the meeting must complete and sign the Application Form. Failure to follow the Meeting Room Policy may result in forfeiture of the privilege of usage in the future.
The Library Board reserves the right to determine use of the rooms and to cancel or reschedule all arrangements, at its discretion, with or without cause or reason, and without liability.
Policies Guiding the Use of Meeting Rooms
1) A meeting room may be used by any group provided the following conditions are met:
a. No admission, donation or other fees are charged or collected.
b. No sales or other commercial transactions occur except for library and library related fundraisers.
c. No products, services, or memberships may be advertised, solicited, or sold.
d. The meeting is open to the public and news media.
2) Meeting rooms may be reserved for meetings during regular library hours by a responsible adult on a first come, first served basis with library events having the highest priority.
3) Meeting rooms must be used during hours the library is open. They must be vacated at least 30 minutes before the library closes.
4) For any meeting requiring equipment or furniture set up, a 48-hour advance reservation is required.
5) Meeting rooms must be left in an orderly, unlittered condition.
6) Meetings may be booked up to 3 months in advance; no more than 2 meetings by the same group per month are allowed.
7) No refreshments may be served without the approval of library management. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
8) The applicant agrees to pay for any and all damages to library property including but not limited to walls, floors, grounds, equipment and furniture while applicant is using property.
9) Permission to use a meeting room does not constitute an endorsement by the library of a program or point of view expressed. Except as a designation of location, the name of the Library may not be used in any publicity relating to use of meeting rooms. Publicity must be approved by the Executive Director before it is circulated and must include the following statement, "The Niagara Falls Public Library does not endorse or advocate the views of any group using our Meeting Room". Failure to obtain approval will result in cancellation of reservation.
10) The applicant assumes responsibility for participant accommodations (e.g. assistive listening devices, etc.) and specific articles of compliance as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
11) Meetings must be conducted in such a way as not to disturb library operations. The applicant is responsible for managing orderly behavior of all attendees. Adult supervision is required for any group of minors. Applicants and program participants are expected to conform to the Library's Code of Conduct, copies of which are available on request.
Revised with Board of Trustee Approval on March 26, 2014